Hello friends!                                                                                                                                             

So today I had my second EDCI tech class and it went really well! Last class I had a hard time with the instructions and with the set up of my blog post and I unfortunately left class feeling upset. After that experience I took time over the rest of the week to get familiar with the course website and the website that I created for my blog posts and was prepared for class today with all of these websites opened up in my tabs. With this, I felt more confident and was able to take my time through the set up instructions of Trello and even had time to explore the website a little bit which is very encouraging for me!

In class we also discussed the documentary ‘Most Likely To Succeed’ which explored education through a new light, focusing on inquiry based learning. I find this concept of education very intriguing in a way that it focuses on the individual child and their development. In this form of education there are no bells that ring at the end of each class and subjects are not divided into different rooms. Students are not expected and trained to obtain good grades to better prepare them for the SAT and to get into their preferred colleges. This school focuses on life after college and what would benefit students the most such as developing communication techniques, teamwork and collaboration. I fully support these ideas but I also think that it is way ahead of its time. These ideas are very beneficial and could possibly be the new way of education but it is all meaningless unless post secondary changes as well. Grades are so valuable in school and they have been for years, and it is not something that can just change. If post secondary changes, teacher education programs need to change as well to better support and nurture these thoughts and ideas in students then classrooms need to be redesigned to better accommodate student inquiries. If we re-imagine education in this aspect, it is going to be a very long process but you never know what the future holds.