Image result for ukulele png

It has now been a few weeks of learning how to play the ukulele and practicing the song Skinny Love by Bon Iver. Since I have started I definitely feel as though my chord transitions have gotten better and I am starting to hum the song while I play it. A few days ago I started learning my next song which is Valerie by Amy Winehouse. The chords that are used in this song are C and Dm in the verses and F Em Dm G and C in the chorus. So far I am finding the verses easier to play than the chorus, the chord Em stretches along three frets and is not the easiest chord to play and switch to after F. This transition slows me down quite a bit but is the only part that I am really having a hard time with and will need more practice working on. I am starting to hum along while I play, because I am finding it easier to learn the song while singing along with the transitions. The strumming pattern is coming more naturally to me in this song because I have known it since I have been a kid and can establish if I am on or off beat.

As of right now I have fully learned one song and am confident in playing it, I can also slowly play the other from beginning to end. During the week I am going to work on memorizing the chords and lyrics for both songs so that I am not dependent on my sheet that I have printed out for them. I am also going to work on that transition from F to Em in the chorus so that it sounds and feels smoother.