Midterm is coming up and I just finished learning my last song Everything I Wanted by Billie Ellish. The chords for this song are Am F C and Dm which are all chords that I have used in the other songs that I have learned. The hard part about this song is that is follows a 4 2 3 1 picking pattern, which is something that I have been wanting to try with the ukulele.  Picking this song is a lot harder than I thought it would be, every time I try to change chords, I lose my rhythm for picking.

This is only my third night playing and learning this song so I still have practice to do, but my problem right now is that it doesn’t sound close to what the song is suppose to sound like.  I think it could be because I am not picking the strings fast enough, but it also sounds like the chords are a little off which could mean that this song just doesn’t transfer over to ukulele very well.

With the other songs I have learned I found it easier to transition between chords while humming the lyrics but with this song because I am concentrating on the picking motion, humming is not working for me, and is something that is going to have to come after. I am hoping to spend a few more days practicing this song so that I can reach my goal of playing it somewhat fluent by midterm.